About "These Are Their Stories"

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Linus Roache And His Spiritual Quest

Linus Roache (Law & Order) has a feature in today’s Huffington Post titled “Seeking and Finding” where he talks of his interest in the “bigger mysteries of life” and his spiritual search.

An excerpt:

So it's no surprise that I then began to pick up the spiritual search in earnest. I briefly flirted with some of the new age offerings available in the early 90's and found strength in Buddhism, but ultimately I was looking for something that was not tied to tradition. Part of me wanted to disappear into a cave in India, and I did end up going on retreats there, but don't ask me why, I always felt very strongly that the point for me was to find a way to live a truly spiritual life in the modern day world and be able to work with all the positive aspects of our cultural and technological advancements.

And after several years of seeking I did actually find what I was looking for in the contemporary teaching of Evolutionary Enlightenment. I experienced first hand the transcendent nature of who we are as spirit first, beyond time and the mind, and I knew without any doubt that this dimension of ourselves was ultimately more real than anything else I had previously experienced. It blew my mind! My soul jumped for joy! All my original questions were being answered in the discovery of this consciousness that inherently united everything and everyone and pointed to an incredible potential for humanity. It felt huge and seemed to hold a significance way beyond myself. I didn't really know what I was saying "yes" to at the time but I knew that it was real, it was good and I had the sense that I was coming home....but...and here is the thing, at the same time I knew that I was about a million light years from being at the end of the journey, in fact, it was clear that it was just getting started. My life was upside down and the question now was. How was I going to live according to what I had realized? And do that with integrity? That is something that I have been working on and bumping into for fifteen years now but I am excited to be able share some of my explorations, successes and failures with you in this and future posts.



You can read Linus’ entire article at the Huffington Post (at this link).





For the latest information, check out my blog home page, These Are Their Stories, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site, All Things Law & Order.

No comments: