About "These Are Their Stories"

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sam Waterston to Receive Robert Brustein Award

The Boston Globe reported today that “ "Law & Order" district attorney Sam Waterston will be in Boston on Monday to receive the American Repertory Theatre's Robert Brustein Award. This year's ART soiree will be held at the Artists for Humanity EpiCenter in South Boston. Oscar-winner Chris Cooper and his writer/ actress wife, Marianne Leone Cooper, are the honorary cochairs. .. “

The A.R.T. web page
gives this information about the theatre:

“The A.R.T. occupies a unique place in the American theatre. It is the only not-for-profit theatre in the country that maintains a resident acting company and an international training conservatory, and that operates in association with a major university. Over its twenty-two year history the A.R.T. has welcomed American and international theatre artists who have enriched the theatrical life of the whole nation. The theatre has garnered many of the nation’s most distinguished awards, including a Pulitzer Prize, a Tony Award, and a Jujamcyn Award. Since 1980 the A.R.T. has performed in eighty-one cities in twenty-two states around the country, and worldwide in twenty-one cities in sixteen countries on four continents. It has presented one hundred and sixty productions, over half of which were premieres of new plays, translations, and adaptations.

The A.R.T. was founded in 1980 by Robert Brustein and Robert J. Orchard, and has been resident for twenty-two years at Harvard University’s Loeb Drama Center.”

Congratulations to Sam – and maybe Law & Order fans in Boston can catch a glimpse!

Check out my blog home page for the latest information,
here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site, All Things Law & Order.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sam! Great Post.

Jack McCoy said...

Congratulation to Sam for this reward, he deserves her, he is a big actor, and I likes very much him.

( Your site is formidable, I did not know it, Now I will visit it each day )

I am French, speak you French?

These Are Their Stories said...

Je ne parle pas français. I hope that says I don't speak French!

I took 2-1/2 years of it in high school years ago, but never used it, so I forgot it. I've tried to re-learn it but it didn't come back to me easily. But, I keep trying.

Thanks for stopping by!